Pinto pops up with rare goal for Canaries as impressive run of consecutive matches continues
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Our latest Norwich City player watch followed the fortunes of captain Ivo Pinto, who scored his second Canaries goal during yesterday's 2-1 defeat to Sheffield United at Carrow Road.
5 – Sticks with Enda Stevens and tackles the ball out for a throw deep in the City half.
6 – Picks the ball out of the net and encourages his team-mates to wake up after James Wilson's early strike for thew visitors.
12 – Combines with Grant Hanley to dispossess goal-scorer Wilson and Angus Gunn clears.
13 – Poor control puts a long clearance out for a throw.
22 – Closes down Jack O'Connell as Nelson Oliveira unsettles the visitors, forcing a throw to be conceded.
24 – Keeps alive a Josh Murphy cross from the left but Harrison Reed's cross is poor.
- 1 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 2 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 3 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 4 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 5 Firefighters battling forest blaze near Sandringham
- 6 Farmers call for Norfolk hosepipe ban
- 7 Two women in hospital with serious injuries after A47 slip road crash
- 8 New planning bid to re-use long-empty pub
- 9 Organisers of Norfolk festival 'gutted' after cancelling due to fire risk
- 10 Coastguard hunt for missing woman in early morning search
32 – Stevens gets past Pinto and Christoph Zimmermann blocks to stop Leon Clarke reaching John Fleck's pass into the box.
36 – Tracks the run of Stevens inside and is caught out but uses his pace to catch up to O'Connell and snuff out the danger.
37 – Poor cross doesn't beat the first man.
38 – Caught in possession by Stevens but let off by referee giving a soft foul.
44 – Lovely ball over the top from Reed, controls and pulls cross back but Richard Stearman gets a head to it first.
47 – Charges out but can't block Stevens' low shot, which clips the outside of the post.
54 – Runs in behind, found by Alex Tettey but adjudged to be offside.
57 – Intercepts Ryan Leonard's back-heel with Stevens on the run.
62 – Does well to stop Timm Klose's long ball going out for a throw but header allows Fleck to counter.
70 – GOAL – Heads home Mario Vrancic's corner from the right, looping the ball over everyone into the far side of the net.
75 – Annoyed with linesman after foul on O'Connell given deep in the United half.
86 – Nice step-over to get away from O'Connell but cross is too high.
93 – Booked for dragging down Stevens as United try to counter.
Verdict: Has now started City's last 29 matches, playing almost every minute other than the closing stages at Stamford Bridge due to cramp, missing just three league games in the early stages of the season. Still left too isolated on the right but an ever-willing runner, scoring his second goal in English football during his 80th appearance. Need for right-back cover to be brought in this month is obvious. Rating: 7 out of 10