Norwich City 0, West Ham 0 - what the nationals said
The national newspapers' views on Norwich City's 0-0 draw at home to West Ham.
The Sunday Mirror: 'Goals are proving hard to come by . . . on the plus side for Chris Hughton, his side are proving a tough nut to crack since leaking five goals on the opening day at Fulham.'
The Mail on Sunday: 'West Ham bid �6million for striker Grant Holt in the summer. On this evidence, they should be grateful Norwich refused to do business . . . he will go into a fifth league game still searching for a goal.'
You may also want to watch:
The Independent on Sunday: 'Holt, the battering ram captain, seems to have lost most of his fire since he won his three-year contract from the club . . . the ferocity, the power and willingness to risk himself were missing.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 6 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 7 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
The Sunday Telegraph: 'Chris Hughton will be a worried man this morning, and rightly so after his side completed a fourth league game without a victory.'
The Observer: 'Chris Hughton could not fault the efforts of his Norwich players despite the frustration of a goalless draw against West Ham that left the home side without a Premier League win this season.'