Norwich City 0, Liverpool 3 - what the nationals said
The national newspapers' views on Norwich City's defeat at home to Liverpool.
Sunday Mirror: 'When there is a sniff of a goal, Suarez is lethal. True, he was reliant on a huge Norwich defensive blunder for each of the strikes but his finishing was emphatic.'
Mail on Sunday: 'Norwich's impressive season has understandably, perhaps, run out of steam. They have managed just two wins from their past 11 games and they were a distant second.'
The Observer: 'The home side's centre-backs hardly helped themselves but Suarez's elusive movement and wonderful finishing would have tormented the best defences.'
- 1 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 2 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 3 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 4 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 5 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 6 Dash cams help police prosecute 400 drivers in a year
- 7 Warning to pet owners after chocolate dumped in seaside village
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 10 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
The Sunday Times: 'For all the not wholly unwarranted opprobrium that comes his way, Luis Suarez remains the consummate Premier League forward . . . he terrorised the home defence.'
The People: 'Norwich's poor organisation contributed to their own downfall . . . it was panic stations in the home defence every time Suarez was on the ball.'