Canaries will host Newcastle United in the FA Cup fourth round – if they win replay at Chelsea
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City or Chelsea will host Newcastle United in the fourth round of the FA Cup.
The Magpies currently sit 13th in the Premier League after being promoted as Championship winners last season and won 3-1 at home against League Two leaders Luton Town in the third round.
City have faced Newcastle regularly in recent years, drawing 2-2 at Carrow Road and losing a dramatic match 4-3 at St James' Park last season.
The Canaries sold academy product Jacob Murphy to the north-east side for around £12.5million last summer, teeing up a potential clash with his twin brother, City winger Josh.
Newcastle and Norwich have met just once before in the FA Cup, in 1963, when both teams were in the Second Division, with City winning 5-0 at Carrow Road in the fourth round on their way to a quarter-final exit, being beaten 2-0 at home by Leicester.
You may also want to watch:
Fourth round ties are scheduled to be played across the weekend of January 26-29, with £90,000 in prize money up for grabs.
First there is the small matter of a Stamford Bridge replay though, after the Canaries held Premier League giants Chelsea to a 0-0 draw at Carrow Road in the third round on Saturday.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 8 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
That match has been scheduled for Wednesday, January 17, as a 7.45pm kick-off, after being selected for live coverage by the BBC.
City have been allocated 6,000 tickets for the replay at the Blues' 42,000 capacity stadium, with tickets priced at £30 for adults and £15 for concessions.
The Canaries have progressed beyond the third round of the FA Cup in just four of the last 20 seasons and face a tough task to beat Antonio Conte's expensively assembled side, who were beaten by Arsenal in last year's final.
The fourth round draw was made at the Amex Stadium this evening, ahead of the remaining third round game between Brighton and Crystal Palace, with City fan Jake Humphrey presenting and former Chelsea midfielder Dennis Wise and Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand pulling the balls out of the pot.
FA CUP FOURTH ROUND DRAW
Liverpool v West Brom
Peterborough v Fleetwood/Leicester
Huddersfield v Birmingham
Notts County v Wolves/Swansea
Yeovil v Man Utd
Carlisle/Sheff Wed v Stevenage/Reading
Cardiff/Mansfield v Man City
MK Dons v Coventry
Millwall v Rochdale
Southampton v Watford
Middlesbrough v Brighton/Crystal Palace
Bournemouth/Wigan v Shrewsbury/West Ham
Hull v Nottm Forest
Newport v Tottenham
Norwich/Chelsea v Newcastle
Sheff Utd v Preston