Norwich boss Lambert and striker Jackson nominated for Championship awards
Norwich City boss Paul Lambert and Portsmouth match-winner Simeon Jackson have been nominated in April's Championship manager and player of the month categories.
Lambert guided City to Premier League promotion on the back of four wins, one draw and one defeat to pip Cardiff to the second automatic promotion spot, which was sealed on the south-coast earlier this week.
Red-hot striker Jackson proved the Pompey match-winner at Fratton Park when he scored his ninth goal in the last seven games - eight in the month of April which included hat-tricks against Scunthorpe United and Derby County at Carrow Road, as well as City's third goal in their 5-1 derby demolition of Ipswich Town at Portman Road and a last gasp winner to clinch an Easter Monday thriller against Derby. The winners will be announced on Friday.
• npower Championship manager-of-the-month nominees
Kenny Jackett (Millwall)
Dave Jones (Cardiff City)
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 8 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK
Paul Lambert (Norwich City)
Brian McDermott (Reading)
• npower Championship player-of-the-month nominees
Simeon Jackson (Norwich City)
Marlon King (Coventry City)
Scott McDonald (Middlesbrough)
Ayegbeni Yakubu (Leicester City)