‘Norwich are playing for their lives and making a good job of it’ - the national reaction to the Canaries’ loss at Leicester
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Here's what the national newspapers made of Norwich's performance against Leicester on Saturday.
•The Mirror: 'Jerome is a Championship striker. It's as simple as that. It wasn't just missing a big chance but his all round play.
'His touch was poor and he failed to play in team mates with sloppy passing on several occasions.'
•The Sun: 'Alex Neil made defending the priority and spread five across his backline to prevent Jamie Vardy and Co running riot. For 89 minutes it worked for them, with Leicester only creating half-chances.'
•The Mail: 'Norwich's threat was largely down to Nathan Redmond.'
•The Guardian: 'Norwich are playing for their lives and making a good job of it, though for the first time in months Leicester failed to manage anything extraordinary.'
•The Telegraph: '(Norwich were) resolute and impressively disciplined.'
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 5 Neighbours describe axe brawl in Norfolk village
- 6 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Man in his 20s dies after hit-and-run
- 8 Crews battle overnight house fire in north Norfolk
- 9 Several roads closed in King's Lynn due to crash and police incident
- 10 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash