Rate the City players’ performances during home victory over Villa
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City got back to winning ways with an encouraging 3-1 victory over Aston Villa – and here's your chance to rate the performances of the Canaries players.
Goals from Josh Murphy, Dennis Srbeny and James Maddison were enough to ensure that a Jack Grealish strike wasn't enough for the visitors, as City bounced back from successive defeats to Fulham and QPR.
The victory eased the building pressure on head coach Daniel Farke after a run of just one win in 10 games and raised spirits at Carrow Road but also put a big dent in Villa's hopes of automatic promotion.
With Ipswich losing 1-0 at Brentford and Leeds held 1-1 at home by Sunderland later in the day Norwich moved up to 12th – only the second time they have been in the top half since late November.
City are back in action on Tuesday when they make the long trip to Sunderland, who are deep in relegation trouble, seven points from safety with five games remaining.
You may also want to watch:
• Let us know your ratings above
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low