Hesitancy limits Murphy’s impact, with Hernandez eagerly awaiting his Canaries chance
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Our latest Norwich City player watch followed the fortunes of forward Josh Murphy during Sunday's 1-1 derby draw with Ipswich at Carrow Road. Here's how his match unfolded...
7 – Nice one-two with Moritz Leitner, combines with Jamal Lewis but is stood up by Dominic Iorfa on the edge of the box.
17 – Lewis frees him on the left but Adam Webster gets across well to stop the cross.
26 – Grant Hanley plays Murphy into the left channel, he gets a low cross in but Luke Chambers cuts it out before it gets anywhere near Oliveira.
31 – Excellent strength to hold off Carter-Vickers after ball is played into his feet by Lewis, almost gets through but foul is eventually given.
You may also want to watch:
36 – Nice one-two with Leitner, turns and beats Carter-Vickers with a shot from 20 yards but it bends a few yards wide of the right-hand post.
41 – Over-runs the ball trying to counter and gets clattered by Chambers.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
50 – Put through by Lewis, turns Carter-Vickers a couple of times before crossing from the bye-line but Harrison Reed can't reach with his head.
53 – Gives away the ball with a loose flick trying to complete a one-two with Leitner.
70 – Fine turn in the box but shot blocked by Carter-Vickers. Soon after thumps a cross which is behind everyone and headed away by Jonas Knudsen.
73 – Played down the left by Lewis and wins corner off Carter-Vickers shins. James Maddison and Leitner take quickly, Murphy can't shoot first time and shot is smothered in the box.
75 – Oliveira denied by Bialkowski from edge of the box after Murphy's lovely back-heel.
77 – Excellent block to stop Connolly clearing, then goes down under the midfielder's challenge out wide but the referee isn't interested.
79 – Robbed by David McGoldrick but Timm Klose helps him out.
84 – Replaced by Dennis Srbeny.
Verdict: Plenty of effort, playing largely as an out-and-out striker, but hesitancy hindered his impact. Offered a threat but is more effective as a winger. Likely to have Onel Hernandez pushing for his place in the team now.
Rating: 6 out of 10