Lewis is established as City’s left-back but now needs to show he can make an attacking impact
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Our latest Norwich City player watch followed the fortunes of left-back Jamal Lewis as the Canaries were held to a 0-0 draw at home by Nottingham Forest. Here's how his evening unfolded...
5 – Knocks a cleared corner back into the box but Dennis Srbeny can't win the ball.
9 – Steps in well to beat Kieran Dowell to the ball and allows James Maddison to start a counter-attack.
12 – Breaks forward on the left, Maddison uses Srbeny to get him away on the left but ball doesn't reach him. Forest counter with Lewis out of position but Ben Brereton's shot is poor.
15 – Furthest man forward for City, oddly, but can't beat Darikwa in the air.
You may also want to watch:
16 – Slips as a City attack breaks down but manages to get goal-side of Joe Lolley on the break.
22 –Alex Tettey and Timm Klose can't stop Brereton breaking but Lewis does enough to hold up the forward before Grant Hanley comes in to clean house.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 7 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 10 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
28 – Maddison fires low across goal, Srbeny can't turn it in and neither can Lewis.
47 – Robbed by Dowell on halfway, Klose bails him out and then Lewis is fouled by Brereton.
50 – Lewis holds up on the edge of the Forest box and allows Moritz Leitner to find Josh Murphy, whose touch is poor.
55 – Played clean through by Klose, opts not to cross, stepover to get away from Darikwa, hands over to Murphy but possession is lost.
56 – Penalty calls from Forest but Brereton goes down too easily as Lewis out-muscles him in the City box.
64 – Keeps pace with Cash and slides in well to win a throw.
70 – Forced to scoop Dowell's cross behind for a corner.
84 – Slips and Cash breaks, forcing Tettey to foul and get booked to stop the counter.
90 – Set clear down the left by Maddison but foul given against Hernandez in the box trying an over-head kick.
90+3 – Pops up in the Forest box but can't get his head on Mario Vrancic's cross.
VERDICT: Another solid effort from the youngster but still searching for that added bit of quality going forward. The Northern Ireland U21 international lived dangerously with his challenge on Brereton that led to penalty calls but was otherwise solid defensively. Needs more conviction with his crossing.
RATING: 7 out of 10
Lewis spoke about his development ahead of the Forest game, click here to watch his assessment of his Canaries career so far