Hernandez shakes off nervy start to full Canaries debut to show flashes of attacking potential
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Our latest Norwich City player watch followed the fortunes of winger Onel Hernandez as the Cuban made his full debut during Saturday's 0-0 home draw with Bolton. Here's how his match unfolded...
2 – Tries to hold up ball forward from Alex Tettey but out-muscled by Mark Beevers midway in the Bolton half.
12 – James Maddison knocks a ball into the box but Hernandez can't beat Alnwick. Soon after pulls off a few stepovers but doesn't try to beat Beevers on the right and move breaks down Daniel Farke isn't happy and calls him over for a pep talk.
15 – Intercepts loose Reece Burke pass in City's half but over-hits pass, James Maddison and Nelson Oliveira can't reach and Bolton counter to win a corner.
20 – Exchanges a nice one-two with Maddison, who is fouled by David Wheater.
25 – Darts forward but Jamal Lewis's pass is cut out by Wheater, then Leitner gets him through but offside.
30 – Shifts on Josh Murphy's pass to Oliveira, who plays Murphy in but Wheater makes a goal-saving tackle.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 10 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
42 – Murphy slips the Cuban into the right channel, he pulls a low ball across, Oliveira misses and Filipe Morais blocks a Maddison shot.
43 – Oliveira back-heel but Hernandez can't beat Beevers. Soon after one-two with Leitner on the edge of the box doesn't work out.
44 – Good tenacity to stop Antonee Robinson clearing and wins a corner.
57 – Nice back-heel to keep Murphy's move alive but Lewis can't get a shot away on the edge of the box.
66 – Another back-heel but can't quite complete one-two with Maddison.
68 – Just can't get a shot away after being played into the box by Maddison.
77 – Replaced by Dennis Srbeny
Verdict: The 25-year-old Cuban winger looked nervous during the early stages of his full debut but grew into the game and became a useful attacking outlet, before tiring and drifting out to the fringes.
Rating: 6 out of 10