Norfolk Cricket Board changes confirmed at AGM
- Credit: Tim Ferley
New appointments to the Norfolk County Cricket Club executive committee have been confirmed at the club's annual general meeting.
Chris Brown, who reached 400 Championship wickets during the year, continues as captain of the Minor Counties Championship and Unicorns KO Trophy side for his third season, but several other changes were confirmed.
Richard Wright takes over as chairman due to Graham Littlewood moving away from the area, with Derek Godfreey appointed as vice-chairman. Former Norfolk player Robin Huggins was confirmed as president, with Roger Claxton taking over as treasurer and Stephen Skinner remaining as secretary.
The club's annual awards were also presented at the AGM, with batsman James Spelman retaining the Richard Lane Player of the Season award after scoring almost 400 runs and reaching the landmark of 4,000 runs for the county.
The David & Joyce King Memorial Young Player of the Season award went to 21-year-old Swardeston batsman Lewis Denmark, who scored a half century on his debut against Cumbria in July.
You may also want to watch:
The Sir David Thorne Bowl for service to the club went to groundsman Colin Crisp.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 6 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 10 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend