No transfer request from Wolves’ hitman Benik Afobe amid strong Norwich City interest
PUBLISHED: 09:06 28 August 2015 | UPDATED: 10:48 28 August 2015
Wolves boss Kenny Jackett has told Norwich City they are ‘wasting their time’ trying to prise Benik Afobe away from the Championship outfit.
The Canaries have failed with three bids, the latest earlier this week reportedly for £10m, and Jackett aims to hold onto Wolves’ prized asset.
“They (Norwich) are wasting their time,” he said, speaking on Thursday ahead of Wolves’ weekend league game against Charlton. “Although there’s been renewed speculation and other bids we haven’t changed internally in terms of how we feel about the situation.
“No figure has been discussed by the chairman down. The reason is that our club are not selling at this particular moment in time.
“I’ve got no hesitation at all to play Benik, we are planning to play him (against Charlton). He’s obviously aware and talking about the speculation but he hasn’t asked for a transfer. For him what he has to do is keep playing well, keep scoring goals and his career will continue to flourish.
“From Wolves’ position, we haven’t changed since we put out our club statement last week. Nobody’s position or opinion has faltered since then.”
City counterpart Alex Neil declined to add further to the speculation when he spoke to the media on Thursday.
“I think most things, through the work of people like Sky, are in the public eye and made out to be more than it is. There are some things that are not true or not an accurate picture,” he said. “If Wolves want to put out information that is upto them.”