No sulking for Robbie Brady after missing out on Norwich City summer move
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Forcing a Premier League move from Norwich City was never on Robbie Brady's agenda.
The Republic of Ireland international looked set for a top flight return following the Canaries' relegation after being linked with champions Leicester and Everton.
Brady's stunning displays at Euro 2016 saw a reported £20m price tag scare off potential suitors and the 24-year-old underlined his importance to City's Championship promotion push with a superb winner at Wolves.
'I think the fee was quite high that Norwich were after,' he said. 'But nothing came of it in the end so that sort of stuff is out of my hands. You always want to know what's going on, it's good when things are going on that involve yourself. You want to know.
'There's no sulking or any badness. It is what it is. I'm enjoying it, so it's all good. I've seen people (sulk) in the past but you need to get on with it, it's your job. You can only focus on the job you have in hand. I'll try to do my best wherever I am. I want to do as well as I can. As soon as (the transfer window) closed, that was the end of it. You can't dwell on it. It's a tough league to get out of, so the only target I have set is getting out of the league and getting into the Premier League as soon as possible.'
You may also want to watch:
Brady is now focussed on upcoming World Cup qualifiers for the Irish.
'I had a little bit of a chat with Martin (O'Neill) about the situation when I came in the last time, and it was fine, he thought I might have moved but it wasn't to be,' said Brady, speaking to the Irish Independent. 'We came away with a good point to Serbia (in the opening qualifier), which is what it's all about. Driving on and qualifying for the World Cup, that's all that matters.'
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 9 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 10 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out