No new injuries for Norwich City ahead of Crystal Palace; Alex Neil latest on transfer targets

The injured Youssouf Mulumbu is already missed which proves how vital he will be to the Canaries th

The injured Youssouf Mulumbu is already missed which proves how vital he will be to the Canaries this season. Photo: PAUL CHESTERTON - Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd

Norwich City boss Alex Neil confirmed he has no fresh injury concerns ahead of the Canaries' Premier League return on Saturday against Crystal Palace at Carrow Road.

Youssouf Mulumbu (foot), Martin Olsson (shoulder) and Kyle Lafferty (knee) all miss out but Neil, speaking at Colney on Friday morning, insists his squad will be ready for the Eagles.

The likes of Robbie Brady and Andre Wisdom have had a full week's training following their recent moves and come firmly into contention.

'I don't think it's too soon for them (to be involved),' he said. 'They are relatively clever and it's not as if we are doing something that has not been tried before. Top flight footballers can take on information pretty quickly. They are relatively up to speed. You can't overwhelm them with too much.

'They have the fundamentals and it is now about building layers of information which takes a bit more time. They have more than enough ability and quality to take what we have done so far and take that into the game.


You may also want to watch:


'On the injury front, we are fine apart those three that you mention. The rest of the squad is fit and able to take part in the game. Martin had been a long term one, Kyle unfortunately at the start of pre-season aggravated his knee and Youssouf was obviously a bit of a blow for us. When you bring in a new player you want him available but he is now recovering from an operation.'

Neil made it clear he does not expect to bring in any fresh faces ahead of the weekend, but is still in the transfer market for two final additions.

Most Read

City have been heavily touted with Dynamo Kiev striker Dieumerci Mbokani and Porto midfielder Juan Fernando Quintero. Neil knocked down the link to Quintero, but confirmed Mbokani is a striker he had looked at with the DR Congo striker also interesting Serie A side Chievo and Turkish outfit Trabzonspor.

'No, nothing in that one (Quintero),' said Neil. 'The other lad has been touted about for quite a bit. He is one we have discussed, however, that is as far as it has got. It is not about valuations or what the board feel. I am saying I am not doing anything about that at the minute.

'I think we have highlighted what we want to achieve. That will remain the same because there is a couple of areas I would like to strengthen. I am hoping by the end of the window that will be the case.

'It is difficult. Things are on-going and like anything else to be honest it changes from day to day with different targets and speaking to different people. We are working on things.'

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus