No divided loyalties for Norwich City new boy Youssouf Mulumbu
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Youssouf Mulumbu revealed he has no divided loyalties after swapping West Brom for Norwich City.
The 28-year-old left the Hawthorns earlier this summer after a six-year stint, but Mulumbu has found a new home from home with the Canaries.
'Obviously it's weird when you spend six to seven years at the same team but the welcome has been really good. I get along with all the players. The best thing now is to work together,' said Mulumbu.
'I came into an honest group – I see the way people train, the way people run and the way people help each other. I'm really happy. This team suits. I'm going to give my best, as I did for West Brom.
'We've got a big challenge but I think we're going to do it because most of the players here played two years ago in the Premier League. I'm really confident.'
Mulumbu, speaking to his club's official website, is desperate to impress Neil during City's pre-season build-up.
'When you start the season you can look forward. I want to train hard and show the manager I want to play my part and help the team,' he said.
- 1 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 2 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 3 Possible foot and mouth disease case investigated at pig farm
- 4 A47 closed in both directions after serious crash
- 5 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
- 6 Driver died in crash with tractor after misjudging corner on rural road
- 7 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 8 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 9 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 10 Traffic delays after car plunges into underpass in Yarmouth
'When we talk about pre-season we talk about tough runs to get your fitness back, but that's fine because as footballers we're used to it. I wouldn't say we enjoy it but we're ready for it. If we're fit enough we will win games.'