Newcastle United v Norwich City: Player ratings
Player ratings for both Newcastle United and Norwich City following their Premier League clash.
• Norwich City
6 John Ruddy: No chance with the match-winner. Fantastic low reaction stop to keep out Hatem Ben Arfa.
6 Russell Martin: Looked hesitant in the air against Newcastle's potent front two.
6 Leon Barnett: Exposed at times. Not on the same wavelength as Michael Turner for the Newcastle goal.
- 1 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 2 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 3 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 4 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 5 Friend pays tribute to 'kind-hearted' 20-year-old who died in bike crash
- 6 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Part of Norfolk Coast Path to close for seven weeks
- 9 'Genuine shock' after biker killed in town centre hit-and-run
- 10 'Foodie Fortnight' to celebrate opening of new food hall in Norwich
5 Sebastien Bassong: Forced off inside the opening ten minutes. Not a happy homecoming.
6 Javier Garrido: Hands full trying to deal with Ben Arfa. Only got forward once to telling effect.
6 Jonny Howson: Booked late on for a clattering tackle on Cheik Tiote. Not able to exert his influence.
6 Bradley Johnson: Found it hard to impose himself in a congested midfield area.
5 Robert Snodgrass: Least impressive Norwich league display. Which only serves to underline his level of previous performance.
7 Wes Hoolahan: Denied with an early header. Superb assist for Andrew Surman chance. Constant menace.
5 Andrew Surman: Given his ability will need no telling he should have drawn Norwich level.
5 Steve Morison: Tough ask to occupy Newcastle's backline. Decent work rate. Slightly hard done by for the penalty concession.
Subs: Michael Turner (for Bassong) 6, Grant Holt (for Morison) 5, Simeon Jackson (for Surman) 5
• Newcastle United
6 Steve Harper: Pressed into service once and was not found wanting. Great anticipation to block Andrew Surman.
6 James Perch: Did well to contain an unusually subdued Robert Snodgrass.
7 Mike Williamson: Major aerial threat for the Mapgies in the opposition box. Goal line clearance to deny Robert Snodgrass.
6 Steven Taylor: One decisive early block to thwart Wes Hoolahan. Solid and dependable shift.
6 Davide Santon: Ball-watching for Surman's chance. Sporadic attacking threat.
7 Hatem Ben Arfa: Breathtaking pass through Norwich's midfield to pick out Demba Ba. Quality when in the mood.
7 Vurnon Anita: Good technician but also relishes the physical side of English football on this showing.
6 Yohan Cabaye: One or two bright passages of play instigated by the Frenchman. Not at his dynamic best.
6 Jonas Gutierrez: Curbed his natural attacking instincts to play a disciplined role for his side.
7 Demba Ba: Flitted in and out but was coolness personified when it mattered to slot past John Ruddy.
6 Papiss Cisse: Badly in need of a goal and his ballooned penalty underlined the fact.
Subs: Gabriel Obertan (for Cisse) 5, Cheick Tiote (for Anita) 5, Shola Ameobi (for Ben Arfa) 5