Newcastle’s Jonas Gutierrez pleased with point at Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Returning midfielder Jonas Gutierrez was pleased Newcastle were resilient enough to hold out for a draw at Norwich City after shipping 11 goals in their previous two Premier League away games.
'It was a good point,' said the Argentinian. 'A lot of teams come to play here and get beat. Maybe in the first half we played better than the second but it was really important we didn't concede a goal and that we could get a point for the confidence of the players and to look forward to the next game.
'Nothing else matters as long as we stick together and try to do the best for our team-mates. That's most important.'
The result was all the more impressive for Gutierrez's given he played under Norwich boss Chris Hughton during his time in charge at St James' Park.
'He's a very good manager – and Colin (Calderwood) as well, ' he said.
You may also want to watch:
'They're great people as well. I hope they have a great season and are here for a long time. I wish them very well.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 8 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close