New date and details for Norwich City U21s’ Norfolk Senior Cup quarter-final at Cromer Town are confirmed
- Credit: Archant
A new date for the Norfolk Senior Cup quarter-final between Cromer Town and Norwich City's Under-21s has been confirmed.
Heavy rain over the weekend left Cromer's Cabbell Park pitch unplayable and caused Monday night's match to be postponed.
That was the fourth time the game had been rearranged, firstly because of a clash with City's FA Youth Cup game at Preston North End and then three times because of a waterlogged pitch.
The fifth attempt at playing the game has now been set for next Tuesday, February 4, with a 7.30pm kick-off.
A pitch inspection will be held at Cabbell Park on Monday and if the ground is still not up to standard, the match will be switched to the Norfolk FA's Football Development Centre (FDC) pitch in the Bowthorpe area of Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
City are the current holders of the Norfolk Senior Cup, having beaten Wroxham at Carrow Road last May, and are likely to field several of the young stars who won the FA Youth Cup last season.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre