Neil Lennon - Norwich City made the right choice in Neil Adams
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Bolton boss Neil Lennon believes Norwich City made the right choice in appointing Neil Adams to the top job at Carrow Road ahead of bringing the Trotters to Norfolk for Friday's televised Championship duel.
Lennon was touted with the City post in the summer although the Northern Irishman was not on the Canaries' short-list headed by Adams to replace Chris Hughton.
The former Celtic chief has won two of his first three matches in charge, but Lennon is under no illusions at the size of the task against a Norwich team striving to end a run of five winless league matches.
'We've got probably one of the toughest games we could ask for in this division,' he said. 'We are taking a step up again for me in terms of playing Norwich City away. They are the best squad in the Championship so we have to pay them great respect but I think our players will really relish the challenge. We are starting to feel more confident. Two wins out of three is baby steps but a good start.
'I look at their front four in terms of strikers and it is pretty formidable for this division and they have a very good manager. They made the right choice, he knew the club, he knew the young players and that has given them that cohesion moving forward. They made an excellent start to the season but like all teams they go through some patchy form but they are not losing many games which is a sign of a good team.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath