Neil Adams hails the perfect pre-season swansong for Norwich City
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Norwich City boss Neil Adams insisted the Canaries signed off their pre-season build-up with a perfect test in Friday's 2-2 Carrow Road friendly against Celta Vigo.
Lewis Grabban's brace put City in command but the Spaniards replied before the interval through Manuel Agudo Nolito and Danish international Michael Krohn-Dehli during a domiannt spell when they peppered John Ruddy's goal.
'It was a very good workout. I was really impressed with Celta Vigo. It was just what we needed to be honest, a tough test,' said the City chief. 'We were tested in all departments of the pitch; at the back, in the middle and up front, and after an excellent start Celta Vigo showed what a good side they are and they posed us just the type of problems that I think we needed.
'I was pleased with our shape when we changed it, and then towards the end it looked like we could go on and get a couple of goals. All in all, before your first game of the season, it was precisely the kind of opposition and test that I could have asked for.'
Adams promised there is more to come from the Grabban and Kyle Lafferty double act after their maiden bow before the Northern Irish international was withdrawn just prior to the hour mark.
'We wanted to pair them up and this is the chance we got, so we're really pleased for them,' he said. 'We need goals, the two teams went up last year scored lots of goals and we're going to have to do plenty of that this season. That's why the likes of Lewis and Kyle have been brought here.
You may also want to watch:
'I thought Kyle played particularly well too, but the only frustrating thing is that the two of them have had injuries throughout the pre-season at different times.'
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 4 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 7 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 8 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 9 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release
- 10 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews