Neil Adams - Confidence is not an issue for Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Neil Adams is adamant Norwich City's sporadic goal output in the Championship is not down to a lack of confidence.
The Canaries have scored twice in four league games prior to Saturday's trip to Sheffield Wednesday in stark contrast to an early-season goal glut.
Adams has urged his squad to be more ruthless to punish Championship rivals after just one win the last six.
'No, I don't think there is a lack of confidence, I think it is purely down to the technique in front of goal,' he said. 'At the start of the season if there was a chance it was a goal. You look at the two strikers who have primarily played, Cameron (Jerome) and Lewis (Grabban), and one has seven and the other six goals this season. That is not a shortage of confidence because they are still up there with the leading strikers. Confidence to me becomes an issue when you are missing sitters and with those two they haven't, although we know Lewis missed his penalty at Fuham.'
Gary Hooper featured in two second half cameos this week after recovering from a calf injury and Adams will not hesitate to use the ex-Celtic hitman from the start.
You may also want to watch:
'I've been pleased with him,' he said. 'He has been working hard in training, he got those game-time minutes at development level and as I said to him, 'Go prove your fitness and desire and you will come back in,' and he did that at Fulham. One thing we have to be better at is our shooting accuracy, our conversion rate, because in many games we have had 26, 27 shots but then you look at the number on target and that is low.
'That is one area we have to focus on. If we can guarantee 15, 20 shots a game and half of those are on target then we have a chance. If it's a quarter or less then it becomes tough.'
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 10 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman