Pinto returns as City make one change for Preston clash and include Buendia on the bench
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have made one change to their starting line-up for tonight's Carrow Road clash with Preston, with Ivo Pinto recovering from illness to start at right-back.
The full-back comes in for Tom Trybull to allow Ben Marshall to push forward into his favoured position on the wing, with head coach Daniel Farke switching to a 4-1-4-1 formation.
Summer signing Emi Buendia is named on the bench as well, being included for the first time. The former Argentina U20 international was signed from Spanish top-flight side Getafe for a reported £1.5m this summer but played less than 90 minutes of pre-season after his season finished in June with loan club Cultural Leonesa due to play-off games.
He has not yet made his debut, having returned to Spain last week for the birth of his child, missing the 3-1 home win over Stevenage in the League Cup.
The Canaries are looking for their first Championship win of the season, having concede in injury-time during Saturday's 2-1 loss at Sheffield United.
You may also want to watch:
That followed a 2-2 draw at Birmingham on the opening day and a dramatic 4-3 home loss to West Brom in their first Carrow Road game.
Preston make three changes, with Paul Huntington replacing Ben Davies in defence, Louis Moult replacing the suspended Paul Gallagher in midfield and Tom Barkhuizen replacing Graham Burke on the wing.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 6 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 7 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 10 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
North End have picked up four points so far, beating QPR 1-0 at home on the opening day before a 1-0 loss at Swansea and a 2-2 home draw with Stoke.
It's manager Alex Neil's second game in charge at Carrow Road since leaving the club in March 2017, drawing last season's game 1-1, having led the club to Wembley play-off final promotion back in 2015.
Norwich: Krul; Pinto, Hanley (C), Klose, Lewis; Tettey; Marshall, Pukki, Leitner, Hernandez; Rhodes. Subs: McGovern (GK), Godfrey, Zimmermann, Buendia, Trybull, Srbeny, Thompson
Preston: Rudd; Fisher, Clarke (C), Huntington, Hughes; Pearson, Moult; Robinson, Browne, Barkhuizen; Nmecha. Subs: Maxwell (GK), Davies, Harrop, Ledson, Johnson, Burke, Barker