Derby seal loan deals for Chelsea and Liverpool starlets linked with Canaries
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Derby County have completed season-long loan deals for reported Norwich City loan targets Harry Wilson and Mason Mount.
Liverpool winger Wilson became the youngest player to represent Wales at 16 years and 208 days old and impressed while on loan at Hull last season.
The 21-year-old signed a new five-year deal at Anfield last week and was wanted by a host of Championship clubs, with Norwich and Stoke among those touted.
Lampard said: 'Harry brings incredible quality and hunger to the table here and he showed that last year while he was on loan at Hull. He's a full international too and he has a real desire to come here and improve.'
Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount was expected to be hot property this summer after an impressive season in Holland with Vitesse Arnhem.
Norwich, QPR and Reading were the Championship clubs touted earlier in the summer but Derby have since appointed legendary Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard as their manager, who would seem an ideal mentor for the 19-year-old.
Mount scored 13 goals and set up another 10 in 39 matches in all competitions while with Arnhem, building on playing a key part as the England Under-19s won the European Championship last summer – being named player of the tournament.
You may also want to watch:
The Portsmouth-born attacker has been capped at U16, U17 and U18 level by England and so far has seven goals from 16 games for the U19s.
Lampard told Derby's official site: 'I'm delighted to get both of these deals done and add players of their quality and calibre to the squad.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
'I know Mason really well from my Chelsea links and I have also watched him play in their very successful youth teams.
'I knew him from those days and I watched him closely at Vitesse, where he took it by storm.'