City defender earns Switzerland recall and could face England
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City defender Timm Klose has earned a recall to the Switzerland squad – and could face England during the international break.
The 30-year-old has 16 caps for his country but has not been called up since June 2017, when he played 45 minutes of a 1-0 friendly win over Belarus and was on the bench for a World Cup qualifying win in the Faroe Islands.
National coach Vladimir Petkovic has rewarded Klose's consistent start to the season for City with a recall ahead of a Uefa Nations League game against Iceland in St Gallen on Saturday, September 8 (5pm UK time).
That is followed by a friendly against World Cup semi-finalists England in Leicester on Tuesday, September 11 (8pm).
Klose has played every minute of the Canaries' Championship campaign so far, starting five matches, and was recently linked with a return to the German top flight with Hannover.
You may also want to watch:
The former Wolfsburg defender is in the final year of his contract and Hannover were reportedly unwilling to meet City's £3million valuation.
Norwich new boy Teemu Pukki is also in the Finland squad, with the forward already having 62 caps to his name, scoring 12 goals.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 8 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 9 City confirm midfielder exit
- 10 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
The 28-year-old is named in the squad Nations League home games against Hungary on Saturday, September 8 (5pm UK time) and Estonia on Tuesday, September 11 (7.45pm).
Pukki has scored three goals and set up another two during his opening six games as a Norwich player, since joining on a free transfer after leaving Danish side Brondby.
Klose and Pukki join Jamal Lewis, Michael McGovern (Northern Ireland) and Max Aarons (England U19) in being called up for international duty during the upcoming break, which begins after Sunday's game at Ipswich.