Should Norwich City consider selling Timm Klose?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
As speculation linking Timm Klose with a Bundesliga return with Hannover continues in Germany, do you think Norwich City should consider selling the centre-back?
German newspaper Bild have gone as far as reporting that Hannover are in talks with the Canaries about signing the 30-year-old Switzerland international.
Norwich City transfer rumours: Hannover step up Timm Klose pursuit
With the German transfer window not closing until August 31, City can sell players to non-English clubs but would only be able to sign players on loan deals after the closing of the permanent window on August 9.
However, as shown with Remi Matthews' move to Bolton, deals can be concluded on an initial loan basis ahead of permanent transfers being completed in the January window.
If the Canaries were to sell Klose, who is in the final year of his contract, it would leave just Grant Hanley and Christoph Zimmermann as recognised centre-back options.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Daniel Farke appears keen to develop Ben Godfrey as an option in central defence, despite the strapping youngster's success in defensive midfield when on loan at Shrewsbury last season.
Otherwise, Russell Martin remains in the shadows and is expected to leave on loan while Sean Raggett and Marcel Franke have been sent on loan to Rotherham and Darmstadt respectively after seemingly proving surplus to requirements for the current Championship campaign.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
Norwich signed Klose from Bundesliga side Wolfsburg in January 2016 in a deal approaching £8million, when they were still a Premier League side.
The Frankfurt-born defender has rarely featured for Switzerland since City dropped into the Championship and has made a total of 88 appearances during his time in England.
City's defensive strength is back under the microscope after conceding eight goals in their opening three league games, picking up one point, with a collective effort to blame for conceding an injury-time goal during Saturday's 2-1 loss at Sheffield United.
• Should City consider selling Klose? Cast your vote above