‘Massive blow, so much more than just a defender’ – City fans react to Hanley’s injury blow
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans have been venting their frustrations after learning that captain Grant Hanley will be out injured for at least six weeks.
Head coach Daniel Farke revealed the Scotland international centre-back has suffered a quadriceps (thigh) injury which has been diagnosed ahead of tomorrow's Championship clash with Middlesbrough.
The quad issue was picked up after scans during the international break, requiring special injection therapy, which could keep the strapping defender out of action until early November.
Hanley has played every minute of City's Championship campaign so far this season but has been managing the problem and could now miss around 10 matches because of the injury.
The 26-year-old was signed from Newcastle in a deal worth around £3.5million just over a year ago and went on to finish second in the player-of-the-season voting.
• See above and below to see how City fans reacted to the news
- 1 The homeless newlyweds who have lived in their car for a year
- 2 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 3 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 4 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 5 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 6 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 7 Yarmouth market's pea and pie stall holder to retire
- 8 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 9 Solar farm approved despite concerns over impact on neighbours
- 10 Farm launching wild camping with breakfast hampers and street food nights