‘It was only a matter of time. Insanely talented’ – Canaries fans congratulate Maddison on England call
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans have been sending their congratulations to James Maddison after his first call-up to the England senior squad.
The Canaries' reigning player-of-the-season winner has taken his talents to the Premier League and made a fine start with Leicester after a summer switch reportedly worth up to £25million.
Maddison has scored three goals and set up another two in seven top-flight appearances to earn promotion from the U21 squad for Uefa Nations League games in Croatia and Spain later this month.
The playmaker finished last season with 15 goals and 11 assists for Norwich to attract interest from a host of top-flight clubs, with Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester City all among the clubs touted.
The 21-year-old Coventry City academy product, signed by City for around £2.5m in January 2016, has four U21 caps for his country but it is unknown whether a clause was inserted in the deal with Leicester linked to Maddison gaining international recognition.
You may also want to watch:
Maddison was among the Canaries supporters at Pride Park last night, alongside fellow former City players John Ruddy and Ryan Bennett, as Daniel Farke's team drew 1-1 at Derby.
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 8 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones