Watch: Our Canaries correspondents discuss all the latest Norwich City issues
- Credit: Jasonpix
Signing number two of the summer has arrived at Norwich City but there are still plenty more issues to be settled ahead of the Championship season starting.
Our Canaries correspondents Michael Bailey and David Freezer were discussing all the latest news and taking questions from City fans this lunchtime on the Pink Un Facebook page.
The permanent return of German midfielder Moritz Leitner has been confirmed, following on from the signing of Argentine attacker Emi Buendia from Getafe.
James Maddison and Josh Murphy have been the big-name exits so far, with Marley Watkins also sold to Bristol City and veteran playmaker Wes Hoolahan's 10 years with the Canaries coming to an end.
Loan players Angus Gunn and Harrison Reed have also returned to their parent clubs, with supporters now waiting to see where else sporting director Stuart Webber and head coach Daniel Farke will be able to strengthen their squad.
Peterborough's star striker Jack Marriott and Cork ace Kieran Sadlier are among the latest names to be linked, as well as Sheffield Wednesday forward Jordan Rhodes, despite the inevitable expense involved.
City's players have returned to Colney for pre-season training ahead of their first friendly at King's Lynn Town on Friday, July 6 and their Championship opener at Birmingham City on Saturday, August 4.
You may also want to watch:
• Watch the video above
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 4 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 5 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 6 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 7 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 8 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Welcome to our new website
- 10 Missing pregnant woman found