Deadline Day Live: Final chance for Norwich City to fine tune their squad
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
It's deadline day – part two – for EFL clubs and we'll keep you up to date with all the Norwich City news, views and rumours as the summer transfer window moves to a close.
While the deadline for permanent transfers passed on August 9, the deadline for loan signings is not reached until 5pm today.
Premier League clubs have not been able to buy players since that first deadline – in new rules to end the window before the top-flight season begins, in England – but can still sell and sanction loan exits.
EFL clubs have technically still been able to conduct sales, simply by agreeing an initial loan deal which will be made permanent in January, as Norwich did when agreeing the sale of goalkeeper Remi Matthews to Bolton.
With further additions to Daniel Farke's squad looking unlikely, much attention will be on the potential loan exits of out-of-favour senior duo Nelson Oliveira and Russell Martin, who are both believed to be high earners.
If any arrivals are to come in on loan City have a reasonable amount of flexibility, with EFL clubs allowed to name a maximum of five loan players in their match-day 18 and the Canaries currently only having Jordan Rhodes and Felix Passlack as loan players.
Elsewhere, Scotland's deadline is midnight, Germany's is at 5pm UK time, Italy's shut on August 25 and the rest of Europe's major leagues follow suit by midnight – with Portugal unusual in that their window is open until September 21.
You may also want to watch:
• You can follow all of today's deadline day news with our reporters above, as well as City's press conference ahead of Sunday's big derby clash with Ipswich
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival