When is the draw for the second round of the Carabao Cup?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will go into the draw for the second round of the Carabao Cup on Thursday evening.
The draw is scheduled to be held from 7pm live on Sky Sports ahead of the first round tie at the Stadium of Light between Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday, on Thursday, August 16.
Former Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy and Chris Waddle will conduct the draw ahead of their punditry duties for the game, with presenter David Prutton overseeing proceedings.
The Canaries sealed their place in the draw with a hard-fought 3-1 home win over League Two side Stevenage this evening.
The second round draw brings the inclusion of the 13 Premier League clubs who are not competing in European competitions, including Southampton, Leicester, West Ham and Crystal Palace.
You may also want to watch:
The draw is unseeded but will be regionalised into northern and southern sections, with ball numbers to be made available on Wednesday 15 August.
Ties are scheduled for the week beginning Monday, August 27, which for Norwich will follow a home clash with Leeds and precede the trip to Ipswich on Sunday, September 2.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
Bristol City and Ipswich were the only Championship clubs to be knocked out by lower level teams on Tuesday, losing to Plymouth and Exeter respectively, but Birmingham, Wigan and Sheffield United were also beaten by Championship rivals.
Norwich have made it to the fourth round of the League Cup in five of the last six seasons and have not lost at home in the competition since December 2012.
• We'll bring you full details of who City will face as soon as possible at pinkun.com