Who could Norwich City face in the Carabao Cup second round?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City go into the draw for the second round of the Carabao Cup this evening – when they could face two new opponents.
The Canaries sealed their place in the draw with a hard-fought 3-1 home victory over League Two side Stevenage on Tuesday.
The second round brings the inclusion of the 13 Premier League clubs who are not competing in European competitions, including Southampton, West Ham and Crystal Palace.
Of the 23 other teams set to be part of the southern section of the draw, there are two prospective new opponents for the Canaries, who have never played Forest Green Rovers or AFC Wimbledon in a competitive fixture before – while Newport County were reformed and have not faced City since 1960.
The draw is unseeded but will be regionalised into northern and southern sections. Ties are scheduled for the week beginning Monday, August 27, which for Norwich will follow a home clash with Leeds and precede the trip to Ipswich on Sunday, September 2.
You may also want to watch:
The draw is scheduled to be held from 7pm live on Sky Sports ahead of the first round tie between Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday. Former Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy and Chris Waddle will conduct the draw ahead of their punditry duties for the game.
Southern draw numbers: 1 AFC Bournemouth, 2 AFC Wimbledon, 3 Brentford, 4 Brighton, 5 Bristol Rovers, 6 Cardiff, 7 Cheltenham, 8 Crystal Palace, 9 Exeter, 10 Forest Green, 11 Fulham, 12 Millwall, 13 MK Dons, 14 Newport, 15 Norwich, 16 Oxford, 17 Plymouth, 18 QPR, 19 Reading, 20 Southampton, 21 Swansea, 22 Watford, 23 West Ham, 24 Wycombe
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 Teenager in hospital after being stabbed in group attack
- 3 Budget predictions: Furlough, wealth tax and VAT cuts
- 4 Plans for 130 homes and GP surgery backed, despite 'predatory' claim
- 5 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 6 Award-winning Norwich doctor - 'racism made me change my name'
- 7 Concern for man who has gone missing
- 8 Green light for more than 250 homes on edge of Norwich
- 9 Search continues for man missing in the Broads
- 10 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
• We'll bring you full details of who City will face as soon as possible at pinkun.com