Press conference recap: Webber and Farke on duty as Canaries prepare for trip to Birmingham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The opening-day trip to Birmingham moved a step closer for Norwich City this afternoon when head coach Daniel Farke and sporting director Stuart Webber spoke at the club's pre-match press conference.
Farke and Webber were speaking to the media ahead of Saturday's opening-day encounter with the Blues, providing fans with the latest team news ahead of the game.
The Championship's opening day has been rather over-shadowed for Birmingham boss Garry Monk, due to transfer restrictions put in place by the EFL due to financial difficulties.
Last season the Canaries started their campaign with a 1-1 draw at Fulham, who were eventually promoted, but the same was tainted by an aggressive celebration from goal-scorer Nelson Oliveira in Farke's direction having been left on the bench before coming on to score the equaliser.
• Follow updates above from around 12.30pm
- 1 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 2 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 3 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 4 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 5 Farmers call for Norfolk hosepipe ban
- 6 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 7 Firefighters battling forest blaze near Sandringham
- 8 New planning bid to re-use long-empty pub
- 9 Two women in hospital with serious injuries after A47 slip road crash
- 10 Organisers of Norfolk festival 'gutted' after cancelling due to fire risk