Press conference recap: Webber and Farke on duty as Canaries prepare for trip to Birmingham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The opening-day trip to Birmingham moved a step closer for Norwich City this afternoon when head coach Daniel Farke and sporting director Stuart Webber spoke at the club's pre-match press conference.
Farke and Webber were speaking to the media ahead of Saturday's opening-day encounter with the Blues, providing fans with the latest team news ahead of the game.
The Championship's opening day has been rather over-shadowed for Birmingham boss Garry Monk, due to transfer restrictions put in place by the EFL due to financial difficulties.
Last season the Canaries started their campaign with a 1-1 draw at Fulham, who were eventually promoted, but the same was tainted by an aggressive celebration from goal-scorer Nelson Oliveira in Farke's direction having been left on the bench before coming on to score the equaliser.
• Follow updates above from around 12.30pm
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 7 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 8 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 9 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 10 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000