‘We carry a real goal threat again, just cut out the mistakes’ – City fans frustrated by errors during thrilling loss
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The errors which cost Norwich City victory during their dramatic 4-3 defeat at home to West Brom are the focus for Canaries supporters this evening.
City claimed the lead midway through the first half when Jordan Rhodes scored from close range but the visitors grabbed an equaliser from the penalty spot through Jay Rodriguez, with Rhodes missing a chance to reclaim the lead from the penalty spot before the break.
The Baggies moved 3-1 ahead soon after half-time when City keeper Tim Krul fumbled a Rodriguez shot into his net and Harvey Barnes blasted a shot in from the edge of the box.
Teemu Pukki made it 3-2 after good work from Onel Hernandez, who had also won the penalty which Rhodes missed, before Hal Robson-Kanu eased the Baggies 4-2 up from a corner.
City skipper Grant Hanley thump a header in from close range to make it 4-3 late on but the hosts couldn't find an equaliser in a thrilling encounter.
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 4 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 5 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 6 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 7 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 8 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests