Nathan Redmond can reach his Premier League potential with Norwich City, insists Alex Neil
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Nathan Redmond is hot property in the Premier League but Alex Neil insists Norwich City is the perfect place to dazzle.
The 21-year-old scored his second top flight goal of the season in the 3-1 away win at Sunderland to cap another vibrant outing for the Canaries.
Redmond has now plundered five goals in his last six club games, and sealed the play-off final Wembley win at Middlesbrough, to underline his status as one of the best young English players in the country.
Premier League rivals Southampton and Stoke have previously been linked with the midfielder, and Neil knows speculation is inevitable with such headline-grabbing displays.
'Nathan is young and I just think why would he want to go anywhere else when he is playing games here?' said Neil. 'If he gets to the stage where he needs to move on to further himself then I am sure that will come, but at the present moment this is the best place for him. There is no reason for him to go anywhere else. He needed to improve goals and assists and making sure at times he was dropping into that defensive shape and giving his full-back a hand.
You may also want to watch:
'He has improved dramatically in all aspects, which is why he is playing so well. You only improve if you do things properly.
'People say the more you practice the better you get, well not if you are practising the wrong things. He has to do it in the right manner and for the group. Regardless of whether it is Nathan or anyone else if it is not working for the group then they won't play.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Broadband down across Norfolk as Sky internet hit by issue
- 3 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
'I think his goal and assist ratio from February onwards has increased dramatically and we have been working a lot on his game to make him a more complete player, like everyone can see. For Nathan it is all about that consistency and making sure he is contributing.'