Naismith wants to end losing feeling when Scotland play England
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's Scottish striker Steven Naismith wants to end the 'losing feeling' against England.
Wembley hosts England against Scotland in a World Cup qualifier on Friday night - the first competitive game between the teams since the Euro 2000 play-offs – they won that game 1-0 but lost 2-1 on aggregate.
Naismith said: 'Holland at home, we played great – got beat 1-0. Against Spain, the world champions, we concede in the last minute and lose 3-2.
'There have been so many games like that. Hopefully we are due one, like people say. We have been so close so many times, it is about time that we changed.
'Against Spain, okay, I scored a great goal against a great team but we lost. Over my time in the international team, it has been like that for too long.
'We have got match-winners. Look at Robert Snodgrass. He comes back at the weekend there for Hull and is a match-winner.
'We maybe don't have as many of those players as some, but we do have guys with quality who can do damage. I don`t think it's about luck. There might be a small element of that but we can`t accept the hard luck story.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 4 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 5 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 6 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
- 7 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 8 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 9 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our pictures from Reepham Festival?
'It's easy to say that because it has been and gone and it's 'Oh, we tried our best`, but we want to do better than that.'