Morris could feature as City U23s take on Leicester in Premier League Cup
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Carlton Morris could make his return from injury as Norwich City Under-23s take on Leicester at Colney tonight (7pm).
The striker has been out with a knee ligament injury suffered while in loan action for Shrewsbury during the League One play-off final at Wembley last May but returned to full training in recent weeks.
He could bolster a City U23 squad which continued an upturn in form with a 2-2 draw with Tottenham on Friday, with U23s boss David Wright telling the club's website: 'I'm really pleased; the performance levels from everyone were really good and as I've said before, that's what I'm interested in.
'If they get their performance levels right, and the attitude that I expect from all the players on the pitch right, then the results will take care of themselves.'
That wasn't enough to keep the Canaries in the Premier League International Cup but victory over the Foxes would keep hopes alive of a place in the PL Cup knockout stages.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 2 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 3 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 4 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 5 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 8 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m