Morris could feature as City U23s take on Leicester in Premier League Cup
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Carlton Morris could make his return from injury as Norwich City Under-23s take on Leicester at Colney tonight (7pm).
The striker has been out with a knee ligament injury suffered while in loan action for Shrewsbury during the League One play-off final at Wembley last May but returned to full training in recent weeks.
He could bolster a City U23 squad which continued an upturn in form with a 2-2 draw with Tottenham on Friday, with U23s boss David Wright telling the club's website: 'I'm really pleased; the performance levels from everyone were really good and as I've said before, that's what I'm interested in.
'If they get their performance levels right, and the attitude that I expect from all the players on the pitch right, then the results will take care of themselves.'
That wasn't enough to keep the Canaries in the Premier League International Cup but victory over the Foxes would keep hopes alive of a place in the PL Cup knockout stages.
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 3 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 4 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 5 Mum trying to find lost 'heart' of daughter who died days after birthday
- 6 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 7 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 8 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 9 North Norfolk glamping site named among best in the UK
- 10 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show