Mitre Goal of the Year nomination for Norwich City playmaker Wes Hoolahan for skilful effort against Rotherham United
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City star Wes Hoolahan has been nominated for the Mitre Goal of the Year at the EFL Awards.
The Republic of Ireland international's skilful goal in City's 3-1 win over Rotherham at Carrow Road in October has been included in the top 10 goals if 2016 for the award.
The Canaries' longest serving player scored his second goal of the season to put his team 1-0 up against the Millers in the 17th minute of the clash after being played through by midfield colleague Alex Pritchard.
Hoolahan then displayed the skills which have made him such a popular player across his nine seasons in Norfolk, turning two Rotherham defenders with neat turns, the second of which left Millers keeper Lee Camp on his backside, before rolling into an unguarded net.
The EFL has released details of its top 10 and is asking fans to help them create a shortlist of five, ahead of a voting deadline of midnight on Tuesday, March 28.
You may also want to watch:
The winner of the award will then be announced at the EFL Awards at the London Hilton on Sunday, April 9.
Watch the video above to see what Hoolahan has to compete with and click here for full details and how to vote.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 5 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 6 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 7 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 8 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000