ANALYSIS: Watch Michael Bailey’s video verdict as City gift the Baggies
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City correspondent Michael Bailey delivers his video verdict and analysis, as the Canaries gift West Bromwich Albion their first win of the 2018-19 EFL Championship season.
The Canaries twice turned an excellent first half performance and 1-0 lead into a 4-3 defeat to a side relegated from the Premier League last term – primarily the fault of Jordan Rhodes' botched penalty before half-time and Tim Krul's goalkeeping howler shortly after.
It meant Teemu Pukki's first goal for the club and Grant Hanley's first being named captain were rendered mere consolations.
Daniel Farke's side have one point from their opening two games of the campaign, following their comeback draw at Birmingham last time out.
City make a swift return to Carrow Road, with their Carabao Cup first round tie at home to Stevenage on Tuesday evening (7.45pm).
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Farke's squad then face Sheffield United next Saturday (3pm), for a reunion with Chris Wilder at Bramall Lane.
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 6 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 7 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…