ANALYSIS: Watch Michael Bailey’s video verdict as Norwich City chalk up first league win
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City correspondent Michael Bailey delivers his video verdict and analysis, as the Canaries pick up their first EFL Championship victory of the new season against Preston and their former boss Alex Neil at Carrow Road.
The Canaries were impotent for long spells – until Teemu Pukki broke the deadlock with 10 minutes to go after great work from Christoph Zimmermann and Jamal Lewis.
And Alex Tettey completed the victory three minutes before the end with a wonderful half-volley, somewhat out of keeping with his own performance and that of his team-mates until the latter stages.
The result acted as the perfect response to back-to-back Championship defeats.
City continue this week's Carrow Road double-header on Saturday when Marcelo Bielsa's Leeds United revolution is in town (3pm).
It's then an awkward second-round midweek Carabao Cup tie in Wales against Neil Warnock's Premier League new boys Cardiff City – Josh Murphy included – before the first East Anglian derby of the season at Portman Road the following Sunday (12pm) with an ensuing international break just after.
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 5 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 6 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 7 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot could be lodged 'in next couple of months'
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 9 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die
- 10 Flood alerts pass off peacefully along the north Norfolk coast
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…