ANALYSIS: Watch Michael Bailey’s video verdict as Norwich City chalk up first league win
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City correspondent Michael Bailey delivers his video verdict and analysis, as the Canaries pick up their first EFL Championship victory of the new season against Preston and their former boss Alex Neil at Carrow Road.
The Canaries were impotent for long spells – until Teemu Pukki broke the deadlock with 10 minutes to go after great work from Christoph Zimmermann and Jamal Lewis.
And Alex Tettey completed the victory three minutes before the end with a wonderful half-volley, somewhat out of keeping with his own performance and that of his team-mates until the latter stages.
The result acted as the perfect response to back-to-back Championship defeats.
City continue this week's Carrow Road double-header on Saturday when Marcelo Bielsa's Leeds United revolution is in town (3pm).
You may also want to watch:
It's then an awkward second-round midweek Carabao Cup tie in Wales against Neil Warnock's Premier League new boys Cardiff City – Josh Murphy included – before the first East Anglian derby of the season at Portman Road the following Sunday (12pm) with an ensuing international break just after.
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…