ANALYSIS: Watch Michael Bailey’s video verdict as Norwich City grind out Robins draw
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City correspondent Michael Bailey delivers his video verdict and analysis, as the Canaries dig in for a point at Bristol City.
Marco Stiepermann had given Daniel Farke's Championship leaders the initiative six minutes before half-time at Ashton Gate with a gorgeous goal – only for Famara Diedhiou to equalise on the stroke of the interval after some sloppy defending.
Callum O'Dowda then buried a terrific effort and well-worked move early in the second half, before the resolute Canaries – and Farke's tactical changes – levelled matters as substitute Onel Hernandez swung in a cross from the right within two minutes of coming on, and Max Aarons headed home from close range in front of the 1,400 traveling supporters.
The draw was not enough to keep City top of the Championship as they slipped a point behind Leeds, but Norwich remain clear of third.
Another away trip next Saturday awaits, with Blackburn (3pm) the hosts – before Farke's side focuses on its Championship Christmas schedule.
A Boxing Day visit from promotion hopefuls Nottingham Forest (3pm) precedes the arrival of Frank Lampard's Derby to Carrow Road three days later (3pm).
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 5 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 6 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 7 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
- 8 Car seen driving on the wrong side of the A47
- 9 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 10 Roadworks and closures to be aware of in Norfolk this week
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…