ANALYSIS: Watch Michael Bailey’s video verdict as Norwich City trip out of the Carabao Cup
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City correspondent Michael Bailey delivers his video verdict and analysis, as the Canaries are dumped out of the Carabao Cup by Premier League Bournemouth – but that is only half of the story.
Onel Hernandez's 70th minute equaliser was the least the Canaries deserved as it cancelled out Junior Stanislas' first-half opener.
But Steve Cook's goal just three minutes later – and Jordan Rhodes heading a gilt-edged chance wide in added time – sealed the Canaries' fate on Daniel Farke's birthday.
It means City will now have to concentrate on the league until the FA Cup arrives in the new year – the same period of time and more that Louis Thompson is expected to be out of action following shoulder surgery, as confirmed by Farke after the full-time whistle.
Norwich return to EFL Championship action on Saturday with a trip to stuttering Sheffield Wednesday – where City have lost 5-1 on their previous two visits.
You may also want to watch:
They then host struggling Millwall at Carrow Road seven days later, before the third international break of the campaign.
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…