Watch Michael Bailey’s video verdict as City lose out to belligerent Blades
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City correspondent Michael Bailey delivers his video verdict and analysis, as the Canaries crash to a frustrating EFL Championship defeat to out of form Sheffield United at Carrow Road.
James Wilson's debut goal just six minutes in plus Clayton Donaldson's second-half counter did the damage, as Norwich lost 2-1 to their Yorkshire visitors – rendering Ivo Pinto's header a mere consolation.
It all took place just three days after the Canaries' 120-minute FA Cup marathon at Premier League Chelsea.
Norwich were unbeaten in four Championship matches as they prepared for the return fixture of the side they beat 1-0 back in September, in a controversial encounter.
The Blades had just one win from their last 10 league outings, drawing their latest Sheffield derby with Wednesday at Bramall Lane last time out.
Following Saturday's game, Norwich head for Brentford next Saturday (3pm) before a Jonny Howson return to Carrow Road when Middlesbrough visit the following weekend.
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
- 1 Carriageway of A11 closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 3 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 4 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 6 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 7 11 indulgent spa getaways in East Anglia
- 8 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 9 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 10 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…