Michael Bailey rates the Norwich City players, boss, Millwall and referee after Lions tonic
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
As Norwich City kicked off 2018 with an excellent comeback win over Millwall, Michael Bailey dishes out his video verdict and ratings following the Canaries' 2-1 victory at Carrow Road.
Steve Morison's stunning strike just before half-time left City supporters fearing the worst.
But for the second time in three home matches, Daniel Farke's side turned things round after the interval.
Tom Trybull's diving header and James Maddison's cool finish after excellent guile from Alex Pritchard secured City all three points, and a very welcome winning start to the new year.
City ended 2017 with a goalless draw at struggling Burton Albion, having won their Boxing Day trip to the division's bottom side Birmingham. That came off the back of a pre-Christmas home defeat to Brentford.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Millwall won their London derby at home to Queens Park Rangers and their former boss Ian Holloway, almost 24 hours before City kicked off at Burton.
With City's festive quartet of fixtures concluded, Daniel Farke's side will next look to an FA Cup distraction when Premier League champions Chelsea visit Carrow Road on Saturday, in the third round of the FA Cup (5.30pm)
- 1 Murder victim is named as accused under armed guard in hospital
- 2 Father stabbed to death 'after argument about motorbike noise'
- 3 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 4 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 5 Man killed and three wounded in multiple stabbing
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after falling from cliff
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Fashion chain's £50,000 debt written off
- 9 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 10 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
The following weekend sees a tricky trip to Championship high-flyers Bristol City (3pm).
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…