Michael Bailey rates the Norwich City players, boss, Millwall and referee after Lions tonic
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
As Norwich City kicked off 2018 with an excellent comeback win over Millwall, Michael Bailey dishes out his video verdict and ratings following the Canaries' 2-1 victory at Carrow Road.
Steve Morison's stunning strike just before half-time left City supporters fearing the worst.
But for the second time in three home matches, Daniel Farke's side turned things round after the interval.
Tom Trybull's diving header and James Maddison's cool finish after excellent guile from Alex Pritchard secured City all three points, and a very welcome winning start to the new year.
City ended 2017 with a goalless draw at struggling Burton Albion, having won their Boxing Day trip to the division's bottom side Birmingham. That came off the back of a pre-Christmas home defeat to Brentford.
Meanwhile Millwall won their London derby at home to Queens Park Rangers and their former boss Ian Holloway, almost 24 hours before City kicked off at Burton.
With City's festive quartet of fixtures concluded, Daniel Farke's side will next look to an FA Cup distraction when Premier League champions Chelsea visit Carrow Road on Saturday, in the third round of the FA Cup (5.30pm)
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 5 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 6 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 7 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 8 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 9 Norfolk's landmark vote to curb second homes
- 10 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
The following weekend sees a tricky trip to Championship high-flyers Bristol City (3pm).
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…