Michael Bailey rates the Norwich City players, boss, Middlesbrough and ref after Boro win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
As Norwich City enjoyed an excellent EFL Championship win over big-spending Middlesbrough, Michael Bailey dishes out his video verdict and ratings from Carrow Road.
Tom Trybull celebrated his new three and a half-year deal with Norwich City by notching a superb winning goal on the stroke of half-time.
That came shortly after Middlesbrough were reduced to 10 men, following a needless red card for striker Rudy Gestede.
Norwich have now lost just once in nine matches across the Championship and FA Cup, and have five wins from their last seven league games.
Middlesbrough had arrived at Carrow Road having won their last three away Championship games – but City have now moved within two points of the promotion-chasers.
Things don't get much easier for the Canaries following Saturday's game, with a tricky trip to high-flying Derby County next weekend ahead of the following Sunday's East Anglian derby with Ipswich Town at Carrow Road (12pm).
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 5 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 6 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 7 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 8 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 9 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 10 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…