Michael Bailey rates the Norwich City players, boss, Chelsea and referee after FA Cup tie
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
As Norwich City prolonged their FA Cup involvement with a dogged goalless draw at home to the defending Premier League champions Chelsea, Michael Bailey dishes out his video verdict and ratings from Carrow Road.
Head coach Daniel Farke matched up Antonio Conte's 3-4-3 formation and that played a major part in subduing last season's FA Cup finalists.
Josh Murphy arguably had Norwich's best moments, while Angus Gunn had to be focused to keep out Davide Zappacosta's late efforts from range as the Londoners' rallied.
But in the end, the pair had to settle for a second chance at Stamford Bridge.
City kicked off 2018 with a home comeback win over another London side in Millwall, thanks to second-half goals from Tom Trybull and James Maddison. That made it seven points from four festive fixtures for Daniel Farke's squad.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Chelsea rounded off their busy festive programme with a 2-2 draw at fellow London Premier League rivals Arsenal.
With City's festive fixtures done, they return to league action with a tricky trip to high-flying Bristol City next weekend (Saturday, 3pm) before a highly anticipated rematch with Chris Wilder and Sheffield United at Carrow Road the following Saturday.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
Those two games sandwich City's replay, with the fourth-round draw taking place on Monday night.
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…