Michael Bailey rates the Norwich City players, boss, Burton and referee after Brewers draw
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
As Norwich City hang around for a Pirelli Stadium point to round off their 2017, Michael Bailey dishes out his video verdict and ratings following the Canaries' goalless draw at struggling Burton Albion.
There was minimal action or chances as Daniel Farke rang the changes and hoped for the best, with the Canaries eventually accepting a point from their final trek of the year – albeit against a side desperately fending off the threat of Championship relegation.
It was the first time a visiting side had failed to score at the Pirelli Stadium since March and following the similar stalemate at Carrow Road back in September, City's first goalless fixture double since doing so with Nottingham Forest back in the 2000-01 season.
City headed into their final game of 2017 game off the back of an away win at the division's bottom side Birmingham City, thanks to goals from Alex Pritchard and Josh Murphy.
That came off the back of Friday's 2-1 home defeat to Brentford.
Meanwhile Burton Albion had slipped to an eighth successive home defeat as Leeds came from behind to win 2-1 at the Pirelli Stadium on Boxing Day, leaving them dangling just above the bottom three.
City's festive quartet of fixtures concludes on New Year's Day, with a visit to Carrow Road from a Millwall side yet to win away from home this season (Monday, 3pm).
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 3 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 4 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 5 Mum trying to find lost 'heart' of daughter who died days after birthday
- 6 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 7 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 8 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 9 North Norfolk glamping site named among best in the UK
- 10 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…