Michael Bailey rates the Norwich City players, boss, Birmingham and referee after beating Blues
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
As Norwich City pick up a hugely welcome 2-0 Boxing Day victory, Michael Bailey dishes out his video verdict and ratings following the Canaries' St Andrew's success over Birmingham City.
Goals in each half from Alex Pritchard and Josh Murphy respectively, eased Norwich to victory against the EFL Championship's bottom club.
That earned the Canaries a first win on the road since their East Anglian derby win at Ipswich, back in October.
MORE: Post your own player ratings as Norwich City pick up a welcome win at Birmingham XXXX
City headed into the game off the back of a horrible defeat at home to Brentford, where Lasse Vibe's first-half brace did the damage and rendered Nelson Oliveira's late goal a mere consolation.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 3 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 4 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 5 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 6 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 7 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 8 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 9 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 10 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
Meanwhile Birmingham remained routed to the foot of the table as they drew 1-1 at Sunderland, finishing with 10 men following Sam Gallagher's second booking.
City's festive four continue on Saturday with another relegation-threatened side in Burton Albion as Norwich head for the Pirelli Stadium on Saturday (3pm), before welcoming in 2018 with a visit to Carrow Road from Millwall on New Year's Day (3pm). The Lions are yet to win an away league fixture this season.
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…