ANALYSIS: Watch Michael Bailey’s video verdict as Norwich City exit FA Cup at Portsmouth’s hands
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City correspondent Michael Bailey delivers his video verdict and analysis, as the Canaries' FA Cup involvement ends at the first hurdle once again – this time to League One leaders Portsmouth.
Andre Green's injury-time winner settled the tie and ensured neither promotion-chaser needed to factor in a third-round replay.
However, it was Grant Hanley's 15th minute dismissal for ploughing through Pompey winger Ronan Curtis as the last covering defender that had the biggest impact on the tie.
From there, a much-changed Norwich tried to force the issue – but in the end it all came unstuck in the final moments.
MORE: Norwich City 0-1 Portsmouth – How their FA Cup third round tie unfolded The Canaries return to Championship action next weekend with a trip to automatic promotion rivals West Bromwich Albion on Saturday (3pm).
City then host surprising high-fliers Birmingham City, who City drew with 2-2 at St Andrew's on the opening day of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…
- 1 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 2 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 3 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 I don't watch Strictly but I'm in love with 'beacon of hope' Bill Bailey
- 7 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries
- 8 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 9 'False start' for restaurants as some stay closed after lockdown
- 10 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule