Matt Jarvis hoping for fresh start after joining Norwich City on loan from West Ham
- Credit: PA
Loan signing Matt Jarvis says he is ready and raring to go after joining Norwich City from Premier League rivals West Ham United.
The 29-year-old winger has played in five Europa League qualifiers and featured as a substitute in three top-flight matches for the Hammers already this season.
He hopes that will allow him to hit the ground running in a Canaries shirt – once the current international break is out of the way.
'I was back in on June 22 with West Ham and I played all of the Europa League qualifying matches for them,' Jarvis said. 'I'm fully fit and I've been involved in pretty much all the games so far this season
'I played 60 minutes at Carrow Road in pre-season too (in a 1-0 friendly win for the Hammers) – I'm in good condition and ready to go. It's a fresh start for me, it's a chance for me to get back to playing games and back to my best.'
You may also want to watch:
The one-cap England international joined on a season-long loan deal on deadline day earlier this week and is hoping to impress City boss Alex Neil ahead of the September 12 home clash with Bournemouth.
'It's a fantastic journey the club has been on and hopefully we can kick on now,' Jarvis added, speaking to City's official website.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 7 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 10 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
'Hopefully I'll be training with the lads on Thursday and then I'll get a full week with them next week. I'm really looking forward to being part of the team.
'You've got to work hard. The manager has said that he's very honest and that he will tell you what he thinks, and that's all you can ask for as a player.'