MATCHDAY RECAP: Norwich City 3 Aston Villa 1 – Murphy shines as smiles return to Carrow Road
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Follow all the build-up, live score, action and reaction as we bring you full coverage of Norwich City's EFL Championship home clash with automatic promotion hopefuls Aston Villa, in our Matchday Live blog from Carrow Road.
Our City correspondents Paddy Davitt and David Freezer are following the Canaries from the matchday build-up to full-time fallout.
They bring you all the action and talking points before, during and after today's league clash with Jaap Stam's Royals (3pm).
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds, above
City have won just one of their last 10 games and lost 2-0 to high-flying Fulham on Good Friday before slumping to a 4-1 loss away to mid-table rivals QPR on Easter Monday.
You may also want to watch:
With little left to play for, Canaries boss Daniel Farke faces a tough task to motivate his squad for their final six games, starting against fourth-placed Villa.
Steve Bruce's team have won 11 of their last 16 games and shook off a three-game winless wobble in midweek when they beat lowly Reading 3-0 at Villa Park.
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 3 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 4 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 5 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 6 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 7 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 8 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 9 Norfolk driver to replace Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes for Sakhir GP
- 10 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
With an 11-point gap to seventh their play-off place looks secure but with Cardiff being beaten 1-0 last night by champions-elect Wolves the Villans would close the gap to second place to four with victory.
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.